[tlug] ひかりone(hikari one) with custom router

Hi,

I recently changed my ISP to hikari one. I would like to connect my pfsense router to the ONU,instead of the "home gateway" that au provided (it is a NEC Aterm BL170HV by the way). The only problem is I do not know what protocol auone uses to provide an ip to the wan of the "home gateway".

Does anyone know if they use PPPOE (if so how does one get to know his login/password) or static ip or DHCP (maybe MAC bound) ?
I do not read japanese at all, maybe this information is obvious somewhere on the web ui of the NEC router, but after much random clicking, I haven't found anything.

More generally is anyone using a custom router instead of the provided "home gateway" to connect through kddi's ftth ?

Thanks,

Quentin Arnaud