Re: [tlug] iptables

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Jedidiah Israel
<jedidiah.israel@example.com> wrote:
> Firstly,  are your network interfaces initialised before iptables is called?

This is a good question, I had the same thinking... But I would expect
that iptables
should work whatever the interfaces are up or not... This would be a
huge security
issue if everything needs to be up...

> I am a bit in the dark when it comes to your configuration.
> - What script is being called from /etc/init.d (or /etc/rcX.d/) that
> calls iptables?

None, this is in /etc/network.

> - What user and group own this script?
> - What are the permissions and ownership of this script.

Everything being run as root, we don't care.

> Please provide a copy of the startup script for reviewing.

Here you are (attached).

Thanks for your answer.

br.

--