Re: [tlug] government getting ready to inspect your iPod, laptop without probable cause

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Curt Sampson
<cjs@example.com> wrote:
> Note that encryption alone may not be a sufficient solution. I expect
> at some point soon law enforcement will have as part of their standard
> equipment a USB key that can examine a drive looking for other
> partitions, encrypted partitions, and so on, as well as doing a usual
> run through the entire filesystem flagging things that look suspcious.
> This program would of course come in Windows, Mac and Linux versions,
> and the key will be bootable as well.

I have read that something similar exists already. But then again, I
might had read it in slashdot.

As if it mattered, I have been told that hard drive penetration across
the internet is no longer non-trivial. But then, my reference would
not be the first scientists to embellish a story. ;-)

Regards, Jed