Re: [tlug] OT: government getting ready to inspect your iPod, laptop without probable cause

> The record industry is trying to make ripping CDs illegal, so they
> want to have DRM only downloads on an iPod. In other words if it is
> not digitally signed it is not legal.

Wow... Canada's not the first place I think of when it comes to this
sort of fascism... :-(

I'm sure it's legal to rip your own legitimately purchased CDs for use
in portable players... I'm pretty sure that's true in the US anyway...
so if you say you own the CDs, how can they possibly prove otherwise?

Dave