Re: [tlug] B Flets blocks port 25?

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Drew Hamilton <awh@example.com> wrote:

> > http://fstyle.ddo.jp/FT/Vine-Linux/no25-port-postfix.html
> > It uses relayhost provided by the ISP.
> > Anyone has tried this?
>
> I have a very similar setup.  I have a Linux server that, among other
> things, runs an email Diplomacy adjudicator.  However, my domain's
> mail is handled through Google Apps for Domains.  So the Linux server
> uses Postfix to send mail through gmail using almost an identical
> setup.
I also found this guide ( postfix + gmail as relayhost )
http://labs.zsrv.net/content/view/33/44/

google's smtp seems to do the job.
But, acording to that page, the annoying thing is that in the case, is that
the FROM: header must be that gmail address, or gmail simply
drop our email.

# Is that true?

--
Best Regards,