Re: [tlug] Raid5 box & backup

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
Well, I've found setting up and configuring either NFS or SMB more
complex than iSCSI, not performance being slower.

As I will use TeraStations, I am not tore to have a lot of choices. By default the shares are SMB,
I could maybe add NFS support, I found some references about that (but for older models).

After reading all the comments and considering the TeraStation limitations (CPU for instance),
my guess is that the only way to have decent performances for the encrypted part is to have
it done on the client itself.
This leaves me with the issue of having to create the file containers, without knowing which size will
be optimal. And, as pointed by some, stability could be an issue, in case the client crashes.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.