Re: [tlug] OT: interesting NY times article:High-Tech Japanese, Running Out of Engineers

> Hey, Perl can do that in one line too!
>
> print join("\n", map { ($a = $premise) =~ s/Japanese/$_/; $a; }
> @nationalities);

Much as I love Perl, I must admit that the concise beauty of the way
Ruby applies the string transformation without the side-effect takes
the cake :-) I hope and suspect that Perl 6 will give us the ammo to
fight back on this front...

Dave