Re: [tlug] wireless router suggestions

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 2:24 PM, shawn <shawn@example.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any advice available on a 802.11n, draft 2.0 wireless router.
>
> I'm thinking of
> http://www.iodata.jp/prod/network/wnlan/2008/wn-nhpr/index.htm
>
> I plan to get a Macbook and it looks compatible with that.  CentOS
> should be just fine on a cabled RJ-45 port.
>
> The manual is Japanese though which worries me for getting it set up.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) could I run into trouble trying to install it on an English
> (language) OSX [set up with Japanese support].  I mean would I possible
> see a bunch of ????????? in dialog boxes and have to blindly
> trial-and-errorly figure it out.

as long as you can configure it with a webbrowser or a native mac os
x-app (like the apple-routers) it should be no problem

> 2) does anyone know a wireless router that in configurable with firefox?
> the one listed above works with Safari so I guess that should be ok
> but...

usually if it works with safari it also works with firefox -- the
other way around, though…

> 3) should I just have one shipped from the states.

can't answer that - don't know the dollar/yen-course, the problems of
import turnover tax and and customs duty in japan and usual shipping
rates…

Niels