Re: [tlug] Raid5 box & backup

Christian Horn wrote:
> TrueCrypt also came to my mind, just that the loop-mounting feels a bit ugly
> to me. Someone having experiences with  crypto-loopback-mounting with
> heavy i/o and also every now and then crashing computers while doing the
> i/o?

Ooops... Is there a risk to loose everything in that case? Is is linked
to loop? Otherwise I don't understand the difference with a normal FS...
Encrypted or not, the raid-5 will keep the data safe (I mean as safe as
a non-crashing disk, to avoid discussions out of topic :)

Do you think there is a difference with the loop mount? Or is the loop
mount not secure by design?

br.