Re: [tlug] OT Open Solaris

Phillip Tribble wrote:
Good Morning

I installed open Solaris last night (After receiving my free CD from Sun.com) and right after the install, the package manager wants to get over 2GB of updates! Isn't that kinda of high? I could not find much user documentation and guides on Open Solaris. Can anyone paste some links? I am happy about Open Solaris because it supports Japanese input on the Live CD.

hi ... sorry we are not as organized as we need to be. The first place you should go is to the IPS project and pkg-discuss list. All the key guys are there. The Indiana list is also a key list for the distro.

IPS Project
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/pkg/

Getting Started With the Image Packaging System
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/IPS/ggcph.html
http://frsun.downloads.edgesuite.net/sun/08D12331/index.html

Key Lists:

pkg-discuss
http://mail.opensolaris.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-discuss
indiana-discuss
http://mail.opensolaris.org/mailman/listinfo/indiana-discuss

Docs Community (for anything OpenSolaris related)
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/documentation/

Jim

--
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris/