Re: [tlug] OT: interesting NY times article:High-Tech Japanese, Running Out of Engineers

Curt Sampson wrote:
Overall, I have to say that while Japanese culture, and in particular
for this discussion, business culture, is different from the U.S., I
don't find it to be particularly better or worse over all. They trade
a lot of individual "screw you, I'm getting mine" attitude for the
institutional version of the same, but that just trades off one set of
advantages and disadvantages for another, it seems to me. I may find it
somewhat more annoying due to my cultural background, but I've managed
to make my peace with it and be pretty happy in business here.

You know, that's a really interesting way of looking at it. And it's helpful to me. :) Thanks.

Jim

--
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris/