Re: [tlug] search for fulltext-searchengine

On 2008-05-20 10:14 +0900 (Tue), Shin MICHIMUKO wrote:

> The idea of Namazu is to have the index of "keyword(s)->DocID". So it
> should be very simple to get the information which includes the keyword. It
> should be also easy if you want to write your own search engine by using
> dbm (hash) or some Trie (B-tree) type libraries.

It's easy to do the search once you have the index, and it's not even
so very hard to build the index once you have the search terms. It's
generating that search term list that's the hard part. (And incidently,
Namazu mostly farms it out to kakasi or another external package.)

And yes, I know what "namazu" means. It's the Great White Shark, King of
the Deep, feared by all, sleek, fast and dangerous. Or maybe it's the
great whale, beloved by all, high above others and serene in its own world.

Or something like that. :-)

cjs