Re: [tlug] Fedora forum slowdown...

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 06:28 -0700, SL Baur wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 9 on my work notebook.  It is semi-usable, but has
> serious
> issues if stability is your priority (as it is mine) and usability of
> of the ATI/NVidea
> proprietary drivers.  Update from the last beta prior to release
> failed utterly.

My radeon driver problem was fixed by completely removing xorg from F9
and installing the F8 version and then installing the F7 version of
xorg-x11-drv-ati.

Several others have also downgraded to use the F8 versions of the
Livna ATI and nVidia drivers.

I also notice that Ubuntu has the same problem with the radeon
driver so it's not just a Fedora thing. I rely on my machine to
play my PAL DVDs so I'm happy I'm back up to speed... until the
driver problem gets sorted out or I can afford a new machine.

Was looking at this:

http://www.faith-go.co.jp/org_pc/details_pc.asp?id=P3167&opid=00015,00046,00042,00025,00028,00317,00009&opfl=1-1-1,2-1,2-1-1,2,3-1,2,3&series=Seed%20Micro&sale=

The link will probably wrap.

Wayne