Re: [tlug] Fedora forum slowdown...

On 5/15/08, Wayne <fedorawayne@example.com> wrote:
> Fedora 9 has just been released and the forum has been inundated with
>  new users for the last couple of days. We went way past our old record
>  of users online earlier today and the forum is now so slow it's like
>  wading waist-high through doggie doodoo (not that I've ever done so) I
>  don't know anyone here apart from Scott who uses Fedora, but I suggest
>  you hang back for a while trying to access the forum if you're in any
>  way interested in their new offering. I'm a CM and I can't get on!

I'm running Fedora 9 on my work notebook.  It is semi-usable, but has serious
issues if stability is your priority (as it is mine) and usability of
of the ATI/NVidea
proprietary drivers.  Update from the last beta prior to release failed utterly.

Sadly, I've encountered worse things than wading through doggie doodoo.
Probably worst was when I get it on my clothing carrying my dog away from
the no-no zone. Children are bad at getting into things they shouldn't, dogs are
worse ...

-sb