Re: [tlug] A question for Ubuntu 8.0.4 folks

SL Baur wrote:
On 5/4/08, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

Does anyone have a successful report of using the ATI fglrx driver
with (any)Ubuntu 8.0.4?

 I have it working fine, but there was a trick to getting it installed
correctly.  I am running Kubuntu on an IBM / Lenovo ThinkCentre with an on
board Intel 865 chip that was disabled at the BIOS.  I have a Radeon X1300
card in one of the riser slots and have the preference set to PCI in the
BIOS.

That's the right card. The naughty bits are the Mobility Radeon x1300 and the Intel 3945 wifi card.

Are you running at 1400x1050 resolution?

I am running a Mitsubishi desktop flatscreen (RDT1712V) that maxes at 1280x1024x75 but the Catalyst Control Center has identified it correctly and says that it _can_ apply 1400x1050x60 if I ask. I haven't.

--
CL