[tlug] A question for Ubuntu 8.0.4 folks

What's the version of the X server in current Ubuntu?  Are they on a
previous stable release, or the current bleeding edge version?

Also, how good is Ubuntu at getting into corporate VPNs?

I have been struggling to get the fglrx ATI driver working under
Fedora 9 and I'm ready to call it quits.  I can get the proprietary
driver loaded into the kernel, but then I'm up against the brick wall
of an ABI incompatibility in the X server when I try to load the
associated X server module.

I have to have this working the week before US Labor Day extended
weekend (a week or so before the end of the month).

Does anyone have a successful report of using the ATI fglrx driver
with (any)Ubuntu 8.0.4?

-sb