Re: [tlug] emobile D01NXII data card and (debian) linux? - or how to get an internet connection as fast as possible?

Hi Godwin, moin Christian :)

Thanks for your answers!

I thought a while about the bluetooth/cellphone solution - but I do
not own a bluetooth enabled cellphone and therefore would have to buy
some "additional hardware" even in this case...

Searching for a while in the internet I found some articles from
people reporting about using the Emobile D02HW / Huawei E220 HSDPA
modem successfully with Linux.

Emobile currently offers the HSDPA Modems in a set together with an
ADSL line for a reasonable price.  And as I plan to apply for an ADSL
line after moving to my new apartment I decided to try the emobile
solution...

It took me a while to make it work - but now I can finally write my
first email (this one) from my own computer again :)

In order to make it easier for other people to find the information I
will post a little howto in another email with the subject
"HOWTO: Using Emobile Data Card D02HW (Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem)
with Debian/Linux"...

Thanks for your help :)

Dietrich