Re: [tlug] silly question on subversion

Hi,

2008/5/2 Mike Mazur <mmazur@example.com>:
> Hi Gernot,
>

>  On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com> wrote:
>  > I repeat the above for project2, but when I check it out, I get
>  > revision 2 ! Any change I make to *either* of project1 or project2
>  > increments the revision number for whichever one I check out.
>
>  This also took a little getting used to when I first tried Subversion.
>  I'm not sure the detailed decision process or rationale behind this
>  design decision, but I'm confident you'll also get used to this after
>  a while :)

Ah yes, takes me back a few years. These links have some brief
information on why this is so:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.basic.in-action.html#svn.basic.in-action.revs.dia-1
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.forcvs.revnums.html

(Having worked with svn for a long time, I've recently taken over a
"legacy" project in CVS and am having the odd difficulty adapting in
the other direction, not least typing "svn" when I actually mean
"cvs").

Ian Barwick