Re: [tlug] Fun with Kubuntu 8.04

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
>  So, I reformatted the partition and reinstalled.  And, once again, I
>  have no language support.

Same here.  I even installed the whole thing in Japanese to get
Japanese, and now I've got all Japanese menus, but no Japanese input.
As a stopgap measure (it's working otherwise), I pulled out two
retired boxes and - combining the best of their combined parts into
one box - set up a new test box and put in Suse 10.3, which took a
long time to install (about four or five hours), but is working fine
now.  I don't know why Ubuntu/Kubuntu can''t come up with a similar
arrangement - you set the language you want to install in and that you
want all your menus to be in, and then you set a secondary language,
for which you get support without jumping through 39 hoops and walking
over hot coals.  It *just works* (TM).

Lyle