[tlug] Paper aeroplanes in space

Finally, reading Metropolis pays off!

    So when I learned last month that Japan's space agency, JAXA, had
accepted my
    proposal to launch a paper airplane from outer space, I was
hopeful that my hobby
    would finally gain a kind of legitimacy. If it's proven that a
kami hikoki can reenter
    the earth's atmosphere—and, hopefully, glide gracefully to
earth—the scientific
    community could gain valuable data about aerodynamics. The
knowledge may even
    lead to improvements in the design of future spacecraft, as it
would prove that ultralight
    materials can withstand the rigors of the upper atmosphere.

Read on at:

http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyo/recent/lastword.asp

And when the next issue of Metropolis comes out, this URI should work:

http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyo/735/lastword.asp

--
Cheers,
Josh