Re: [tlug] Re: Adept Manager Dead to the World (Kubuntu-8.04)

Lyle H Saxon wrote:
I took a closer comparative look at the two installations and noticed
that the English language install was pulling files from Japan and
Japanese language install was set to pull fills from bakemoji.  I
changed that to someplace in another country and now it's working.

I updated 7.10 to 8.04 and find that, since Thursday, the Ubuntu Japan site runs extremely slow, when it runs at all. I was also dealt broken packages of OpenOffice.org and Firefox updates. Aptitude insists they are fine and up-to-date, but I still have a test version of Firefox and it appears as though I'll have to uninstall and reinstall OOo before it runs without crashing again. On the plus side, my ATI card finally runs right and I have lots more video memory than I did with the onboard Intel 865.

--
CL