Re: [tlug] Functional Programming Group Meeting

Curt Sampson writes:

 > In the case of Darcs 1.x, yes. This is fixed in 2.0.

No, it hasn't.  Nobody has made that claim that I know of.  Some
important improvements have been made, but nobody claims that the
exponential conflict issue is fixed, and there been regressions, too.

 > While it's good to keep such things in mind, I think that, in general,
 > saying that Haskell is going to be slow unless "you really know what
 > you're doing" is not really a fair assessment; I've only been using
 > Haskell seriously for a month or so, but I've not found this to be the
 > case.

I'm not claiming that average case is bad.  I'm claiming that worst
case can be surprisingly bad.