Re: [tlug] The Great Mistake is thinking OOo is different [was: Why Vista Sucks]

2008/4/23 SL Baur <steve@example.com>:

> On 4/22/08, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
>  > 2008/4/22 SL Baur <steve@example.com>:
>  >
>  >  >  Like Mr. Scott in the "Save the whales!" Star Trek Movie?
>  >
>  > "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home", I think you mean.
>
>  I think that's the right title.  It's the one where an incoming
>  menaces Earth of the future because the seas don't have
>  any whales any more and they take the Enterprise into the
>  past, land in Golden Gate Park to kidnap a pair of breeding
>  whales to relocate into the future.

Ah, I guess we're thinking of two different Star Trek movies where a
probe menaces the Earth of the future and the Enterprise is destroyed,
so Kirk and gang steal a Klingon Bird of Prey and slingshot around the
sun into the past, land in Golden Gate Park, and hijinks ensue. ;)

>  It's still "Save the Whales!"

"The Voyage Home", you... you Mundane! ;)

>  The second best computer quote was also in the original
>  series where Kirk and Spock go back into time into depression
>  era New York and at one point Kirk's love interest asks Mr.
>  Spock what he's doing and he replies, "I am endeavoring to
>  create the world's first mnemonic circuit out of stone knives
>  and bear skins."

That is a great one! I have actually not seen that episode, so now it
is my turn to hang my
not-quite-Trekk(ie|er)-but-still-quite-a-huge-fan head in shame. Know
you the name of the episode, perchance?

--
Cheers,
Josh