Re: [tlug] Ping vs www server

jmglov@example.com writes:

 > I'm not yet certain that I'm wrong, but I certainly ain't right.

Agreed, especially on the first count.  Something that is always
problematic is transition from an old standard to a new one.  I agree
that the arguments for a new (B)CP on use of ICMP are compelling, and
probably a change in standards, but until you have at least the BCP
and preferably a backward compatible transition strategy, one should
give a lot of weight to doing things just to promote the idea of
standards conformane.

 > his earned him a place of honour in my killfile.

*shrug*  That's your loss, but also your right. ;-)