Re: [tlug] Functional Programming Group Meeting

On 2008-04-19 17:29 +0900 (Sat), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Andrew Suffield had a great post to the GNU Arch list where he
> demonstrated that Haskell syntax is really Lisp without parentheses.

Well, functional is functional, after all, but I'm not really sure
I'd go much further than that. LISP-type languages are missing major
features of the Haskell syntax, such as pattern matching.

> Sure.  Then you wait 6 months for the program to run ....

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Haskell is right up there with other
languages in terms of runtime speed. Ghc is an amazing compiler, of a
quality on par with gcc.

cjs