Re: [tlug] Contest - Name that Linux distro!

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 01:49:48AM -0700, SL Baur wrote:
>  >
>  > I didn't mention Japanese language support because I expect it
>  > in *every* Linux distro by now.  That is somewhat of a consideration,
>  > because I'd rather be running in a Japanese locale, but ...

Just a comment: many Japanese linux distributions offer much better
Japanese support than "any linux distribution". It requires quite a
lot of tweaking and changes to give proper support in the latest
versions of ghostscript, its viewers, TeX and friends, OpenOffice,
etc. There are plenty of commercial add-ons too (fonts and the like,
as well as Japanese-only applications) that make the local
distributions unique in their niche.