Re: [tlug] NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?

Somebody quoted by Scott Robbins writes:

 > > I spoke with a certain Argentinian about this the other day. He
 > > assures me that the Gentoo penguin is Argentinian

Indeed, that is a fact.

 > > and the correct pronunciation is with a hard "g" like the one
 > > found in "get".

In Spanish, that is indeed correct.  However, that is very similar to
saying that the correct pronunciation of *plonk* is "puronku".[1]  The
word is actually an Indian word AIUI, so all Argentinian bets are off,
unless the person is a native of the immediate area.

Footnotes:
[1]  Hi, Scott.  Get it?<wink>