[tlug] NEWBIE Arresting (Arrested?) Development

Okay, we're having some fun now. I just ran the Update that takes Kubuntu 7.10 to 8.04. It took Firefox from v.2.0.0.14 to v.3.0.5b. A WHOLE LOT of extensions and themes have stopped working. I know the developers of a couple (like Moji) and know new versions are on the way, but the weird thing is that a whole bunch of things (a number larger than "many") that are listed as FF3 compatible, including my selected theme, are not being accepted by the compatibility checker. And they're the same things that Iceweasel 2.0.0.13 is rejecting in my shiny new Debian install.

A pattern emerges. I am not seeing this development in similarly numbered WIN versions on my "other" box (I know, I know .. that and a cookie will get you ...)

Has anyone else encountered this development and is there a common workaround? The user groups seem to be silent on this, so far.

--
CL