Re: [tlug] NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:32:49AM +0800, Keith Bawden wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:17 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> >  The first thing I'd have to learn is whether the name is "Gen-too,"
> > "Jen-too," or "Zhahn-too."  I feel better about being completely ignorant if
> > I can at least properly say the name of the thing I am ignorant of.
>
> I spoke with a certain Argentinian about this the other day. He
> assures me that the Gentoo penguin is Argentinian and the correct
> pronunciation is with a hard "g" like the one found in "get". I'm not
> sure if you have to put on an Argentinian accent to truly pull it off
> though...

He may be right, but ISTR the web page saying it was Jen.  Miriam
Webster Dictionary says it's Jen, too.  (Get it?  Jen, too?  Nudge
nudge, wink wink).

Sigh, I guess I'm about to be plonked by several people for that one.
I don't care, it was still good.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Cordelia: If the world doesn't end, I'm gonna need a note.