Re: [tlug] Fuse is cool

On 4/16/08, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

>  > > On 17/04/2008, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > >  > Always nice to see the rest of the world get features that Emacs has
>  > >  >  had for twenty years ....
>

> Yeah. We're still working on using as much memory, though.

That just doesn't fly any more.  XEmacs has been a lean and mean type of
application, light on memory usage for all of this century.  The process I used
was to keep performance even or better when adding features and reduce
memory usage as much as I could.  Updates in hardware did the rest.  Heck, even
minor patches to games like World of Warcraft are larger than the entire XEmacs
distribution including the Sumo packages.

Microsoft did the rest.

>  On 2008-04-16 19:11 -0700 (Wed), SL Baur wrote:
>
>  > OB:  Those who fail to understand Emacs are doomed to reimplement
>  > portions of it unnecessarily.
>

> Indeed. "Unnecessarialy" being the key word, here.

Eh?

-sb