Re: [tlug] OT - Shutdown day

Josh Glover wrote:
On 17/04/2008, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:

On 4/16/08, Phillip Tribble <phillip.tribble@example.com> wrote:

 >  Shutdown Day is back with a bang!

April 1st was a couple weeks ago. And this isn't funny, just pathetic since
apparently they are serious.

I dunno; to me it seems valuable in an introspective sense. I'd like to know just how thoroughly I rely on my computer and the 'Net as a whole.

Plus the power savings stuff can be used to raise awareness of how
much energy can be saved by making computers more energy-efficient.

I think I may participate.

I hate the name, why not call it meat space day ;) If you are doing it to save electricity then your computer is probably not going to help that much. Unless you can convince Amazon to get involved and shutdown their datacenters for the day ;)

If you are interested in energy awareness initiatives there is Earth Hour[1]

Edward

1. http://www.earthhour.org/