Re: [tlug] NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 06:00, Scott Robbins wrote:
>Also, I suspect Josh is spoiled by using Gentoo.  Perhaps because its
>creator, Daniel Robbins, worked with FreeBSD, Gentoo raised the bar
> when it came to documentation. Remember, Gentoo's docs are the
> exception in Linux, not the rule.

I don't use Gentoo, but i really appreciate their documentation. When
Googling to figure out problems with Red Hat or Debian i'm always happy
when i see a link to a Gentoo forum or wiki on the exact same problem
i'm having, even if some of the minor details are different because it
was for a different distribution.

The only project i can quickly think of with better documentation is
OpenBSD. I've not used FreeBSD, but OpenBSD has the policy of treating
problems in the documentation with the same seriousness as bugs in the
code.