Re: [tlug] NEWBIE: My Way and NOT Their Way?

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:33 PM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
/../
I've tried uninstalling with apt-get and adept using the "completely
remove" and "purge" functions.

That seems reasonable.
One for me ... for once. This RTFM stuff isn't always the way to get the fastest results.

I then did an apt-get install and got both Iceweasel and Icedove back.
apt-get install requires an argument, and if you gave iceweasel and
icedove as arguments you will get them back.
I find references to the fact that Iceweasel and Icedove give Firefox and Thunderbird as aliases. I have done /something/ to trigger that as an absolute. I am looking for a workaround.

Relax :-) Someone will take pity on you!
I hope so.  This seems like a pretty tough crowd.

--
CL