Re: [tlug] HTTP_ACCEPT ...?

Dave M G wrote:
TLUG,

On one web hosting server where I'm running some PHP scripts, I keep
getting an error that says:

Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT

I don't actually know what this means: (a) That HTTP_ACCEPT (which is the index in the array $_SERVER[] is undefined, or (b) That the value in the array is not set... but

I look for $_SERVER[HTTP_ACCEPT]

Note that this should really be $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"]

The index to the array is a string. In at least some versions of PHP you can omit the quotes, and it will still be interpreted as a string, but there is a warning about not doing this with the introduction of defined constants (e.g. you'd write define('HTTP_ACCEPT', "HTTP_ACCEPT"); which makes HTTP_ACCEPT a _constant_ having the right value. Well if you wanted to get confused you would...)

It is _just_ possible that without quotes the interpreter says, ara! HTTP_ACCEPT should be a constant, but it isn't defined, so I'll give the above error message.

"---**

I'm finding PHP an immensely productive way of getting things done, but good grief, it's a mess... but here's a mystery:

http://imaginatorium.org/fun/anti.php

Can't get this program to run. Whatever I do to try and enable the php interpreter, all I get out is the source.

Brian Chandler http://imaginatorium.org/