Re: [tlug] File change info on upload to server

> Sorry, I wasn't sufficiently clear.
>

> I don't need to know the information on my end. This is for the purpose
> of the people who are downloading my files, who want to know if the file
> has changed since the last time they downloaded it. Apparently the file is
> supposed to be flagged in some sort of way when it is updated.
>
> Chuck

I don't think such a thing exists, and I think the person who told you it
should is blowing smoke.  Remember, there is no magic- everything is done
programmatically.

A quick Google search brings up a bunch of services that do this for you,

<http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=monitor+web+page+changes&btnG=Google+Search&meta=>

I haven't checked to see if these links go somewhere that tells you *how*
it's done, but here's an article discussing a Python program that does it.
 Maybe you can get the source?

http://www.linux.com/feature/128855

Have you considered making an RSS feed on your site?  When you upload new
data you could add an entry to your RSS and ta-da!  Bob's your toaster.

HTH,