Re: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks (was: linux: it's becoming ubiquitous)

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 01:27 -0700, SL Baur wrote:
> On 3/31/08, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not talking about customization, I'm talking about Microsoft Word,
> >  which is deservedly the most popular editor in the world.
>
> "Deservedly"?  (Head explodes, blood and brains splash all
> over the screen ....  NO CARRIER)

This made me laugh out loud. I agree- I never thought Word was all that
user friendly anyway after using word perfect during my formative years
(remember that software?). Also, is word the most popular editor? Not
saying that it isn't, but in Japan, everyone was using that
incomprehensible ichitaro forever, not sure about other countries but
perhaps they have and still use something similar. I think the only
reason Word got so popular was because of the success of Windows 95 and
98 in the workplace at the expense of lotus and those other
alternatives, not necessarily because it is in itself better software.
But then again, it might just be de gustibus..

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo