[tlug] Building a Linux machine

Hi, I want to put together a Linux desktop system to use at work for
writing programs, with ordinary sound and video capability and
perhaps extra RAM.  Unfortunately there may be restrictions
on where I can get it, unless I want to pay for it myself.

1.  I would prefer to order a pre-configured semi-custom machine.
Does anyone know of a source in Japan like http://www.swt.com/ that
sells Debian systems?  I cannot seem to find one.

2.  I may have to simply build the thing myself.  Any suggestions
for hardware for a basic machine, suppliers, or pointers to people
who like to talk about this?  I am trying to come in under Y100,000.
I am in Sakai (near Osaka) if that makes a difference.  Thanks.