Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-Flextime & Automatic Ticket Gates

On Saturday 05 April 2008 09:36, Michal Hajek wrote:
>[flash on 64bit system - how?]
>> Would installing 32-bit libraries be acceptable?
>
>Thanks for response. I also run on debian testing system. I have
>searched for the plugin and it is not available through the official
>czech mirror which I happen to use.

My sources.list contains these repositories:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ testing main
deb http://ftp.debian-unofficial.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free restricted
deb http://www.virtualbox.org/debian etch non-free

I don't know which one flashplugin-nonfree got pulled from, but yeah,
it did also install nspluginwrapper. I'm usually not too worried about
how much stuff i install; i have a 73 GB hard drive in the machine so
space has never been an issue. I don't know how you pay for bandwidth;
i've heard in some places people pay by the number of bits transferred
in which case i can see not wanting to download a bunch of stuff that
may or may not work well.

I have Debian Stable on a 32-bit machine at work which also has flash
installed. Flash from the Debian packages seems to work equally well
on 32-bit Stable and 64-bit Testing. That is, the first several flash
pages work just fine, but eventually flash mangles itself and i have to
restart the browser to correct it. I haven't tried the open source flash
plugins recently; last i tried a couple years ago they just didn't work
on enough pages to be useable.