Re: [tlug] [Reminder] TLUG BML in honour of Tobias Diedrich @ Tue Apr 8 1:30pm - 3:30pm (Tokyo Linux Users Group)

SL Baur wrote:
On 4/7/08, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:

I don't currently use Google calendar's so would appreciate if you could
explain what is the benefit of using it, why Google calendars is the best
choice and how many people would actually use this.

It's O/S independent and works with anything - your Macs and Linux boxes at home, your BSD, Solaris and Linux boxes at work, etc.

Being a world traveler sort of guy, Google offers a pretty good solution to
accessing my email and stuff anywhere in the world, no matter where I am
or what machine I'm using to access it.

Is that enough of a reason?

OK, but what does Google calendar offer that email or posting on the site or even putting an iCalendar file on the web site doesn't? and why is Google calendar better then alternative web based calendaring services?

Edward