Re: [tlug] XEmacs lisp LDAP API problems on 21.5.28

On 4/6/08, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

>  >  I'm guessing not, in which case, failures like you describe
>  >  ought to be expected.
>

> According to the above, I do have LDAP compiled in, right?

No, you do not.

>  >  ldap.el probably should barf on load if ldap isn't compiled
>  >  into XEmacs.
>

> Yeah, you'd think. But I saw no errors when require-ing ldap.el.

That's what I meant and that was my fault.  I should have had
Oscar do that when I was first merging his LDAP support.  I only
tested to see if the build broke with or without LDAP, I've never
been in a working LDAP environment.

As I recall, it's been default for quite awhile for Linux distros
to build LDAP support into XEmacs.  I'll check tomorrow when
I'm back at work.

>  >  Um, you do know that `let' is a local binding and in the example
>  >  you showed, is a total no-op?
>

> Nope. :)
>
>  I know very little lisp; just enough to occasionally port GNU Emacs
>  lisp stuff over to XEmacs, which is what I am trying to accomplish
>  here.
>
>  Lemme build XEmacs by hand to make sure I have LDAP in there; if I
>  don't now, something is b0rk3n with my ebuild.

The summary you posted should show a line regarding LDAP.
Make sure you installed all the run-time and devel libraries and
I would imagine you'll have some success.

-sb