[tlug] XEmacs lisp LDAP API problems on 21.5.28

Stephen, Steve, and any other lispers out there,

I am trying to use the LDAP API in XEmacs 21.5.28 to do a simple
lookup as follows:

(require 'ldap)
(let ((ldap-default-host "ldap.jmglov.net")
      (ldap-default-port "389")
      (ldap-default-base "o=jmglov.net")
      (ldap-host-parameters-alist '(("ldap.jmglov.net" auth simple)))))
(ldap-search "ldap.jmglov.net")

When I evaluate this code, XEmacs replies:

"Symbol's function definition is void: ldapp"

Checking the manual[1], I expect this to work:

(ldapp ldap)

But it gives me the same error.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in XEmacs that I should report?

--
Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/lispref_61.html#SEC792