Re: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks (was: linux: it's becoming ubiquitous)

On 06/04/2008, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Well sure, but I bet some of them are American college students who
>  can't speak English either.

Sure, I went to school with plenty of those.

>  Just don't bring the Eastern Europeanness into it...

I mentioned Eastern Europeans because:

a) the contract programmers on these sites are disproportionately EEs
b) EEs speak better English on average than many East Asians who would
otherwise probably be represented in greater numbers on such sites

And of course, my wife is an EE, so I obviously was not being A Racist Dick.

>  unless what you are explaining is why people who are just as
>  good as $80,000+fringes/year Silicon Valley programmers are willing to
>  work for $15/hr on a 100-hour contract.

Because the job market is currently in favour of the employees? :)

>  BTW, since cosource and sXc no longer exist, I don't know what sites
>  you are talking about.  Pointers?

Let me relay this to my friends and I'll post links.

--
Cheers,
Josh