Re: OSS and getting money for it (was: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:10:06 +0900
"Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> > I don't know whether i'm very good (i actually don't think so),
> >  but my hobbies always motivate me more than my work. :-)
>
> But the market has failed in this case because the features you will
> develop as a hobby are not the same ones (necessarily) that the market
> demands.

Yes and no. Yes, i mostly scratch my own itch. No, i also
develop stuff that has no benefit for me but is for others
who'd like to have this.

But yes, i don't do anything that could be sold (although
i plan to do start something in the next months that should
fill a market hole, but even that mostly scratches my own itch).

			Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred