Re: OSS and getting money for it (was: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks)

Edward Middleton writes:

 > I guess the problem is that for most companies worth investing in
 > IP (as in the source code) isn't the big asset, its the people
 > running the company.

By "people running the company" do you mean MBA-toting venture
capitalists, or developer-owners such as Eric Allman or Keith Bostic,
or robber barons like Gates and Ballmer?  In cases 1 and 3 pretty
clearly the managers are talented at managing and at playing market
hardball, but if you subtract the IP they have very little to work
with.