Re: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks [C&C]

emiddleton@example.com writes:

 > Well if you come to Fridays 飲み会 I will shout you a budweizer and we
 > can talk about it ;)

You make me glad I'll still be in California, speaking of "cheap and
nassssssty."

 > > The only reason anybody would want to reimplement Microsoft Word is to
 > > remove features.  But that's why it is the most popular, because
 > > there's something there for everybody (except us, of course).
 >
 > Do you believe that was the motivation behind star office -> OpenOffice ?

Of course not.  Sun saw how effective Mozilla was as poke in MSFT's
arse, and decided to come around the front and take a cheap shot from
that direction.  This isn't about providing a better product.  (Which
is a good thing, 'cause it ain't.)