Re: [tlug] help recovering headless linux box

On 01/04/2008, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:16:38 +0900
>  "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
>  > Leaving off the question of why anyone in his right mind
>  > would *want* to watch Japanese TV if he did not have too... ;)
>

> I would! One of the best ways to learn colloquial Japanese
>  if you are not in Japan.
>  Actually, i'm trying to find a solution to watch
>  Japanese TV for quite some time, but i'm unable to find anything.
>  Not even paid services :-(
>
>  If anyone knows something, please let me know.

NHK is carried unencrypted on some satellites I think. As far as I
know it makes it as far west as France but I can't remember. There are
also some satellites that carry it as a pay service. I think you can
also find sites which make tv available for download and/or bittorrent
but I have no idea of the legality of these. Finally, my wife has been
using youtube to watch kids TV with our daughter.

Your nearest Japanese embassy's cultural dept might be a good place to
ask. There's a good chance some of its staff have already solved this
problem,