Re: [tlug] rsync efficiency (was: The Mother of All (bash) Commands)

On 31/03/2008, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:

>  Of course, my example is a bit on the extreme side, but rsync
>  claims to be fast and efficient, which it definitly is not.

Not to defend rsync here, but just because an algorithm has a
pathological case does not make it inefficient, it just means that it
has a pathological case. Which is why algorithms are rated for best,
worst, and average case performance.

--
Cheers,
Josh