Re: [tlug] Ubuntu won't format a 2GB SD card as fat 16

Godwin, Keith,

Thanks for responding.

Fdisk doesn't seem to want to read the drive either.

$ sudo fdisk /dev/sdd
Unable to read /dev/sdd

For interests sake, I put the card into my Palm Pilot, and formatted it there. According to my Palm Pilot, my card has 1921.1 MB free, 64KB used.

But when I put it into my Ubuntu machine, an entry in the /dev/ directory called sdd gets created, but I can't do a thing with it.

Also, it seems GParted reads /dev/sdd as being only 957 MB.

Godwin said:
Don't format a 2GB card as a superdisk.

Okay.

Um...