Re: [tlug] genkou youshi templates

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:43:48 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Attila Kinali writes:
>
>  > Some time ago i was faced with a similar problem to create
>  > papers with grids on them. Unfortunately, i wasn't able
>  > to find a solution using latex.
>
> Something like
>
> \setlength{\unitlength}{5mm}
> \begin{picture}
> \multiput(0,0)(0,1){53}{\line(1,0){170mm}}
> \multiput(0,0)(1,0){35}{\line(0,1){260mm}}
> \end{picture}
>
> should do the trick.  (Not a complete solution.)

Yes, i tried that (and various other ways latex provides),
but none gave me the result i wanted. Don't ask me what
the problem was with the above...

But to state the obvious, latex isn't the optimal tool
for something like this as latex focus is one something
totaly different than making exactly placed lines on a
sheet of paper.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred