Re: [tlug] xemacs and japanese

On 3/30/08, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Niels Kobschaetzki writes:
>
>   > I'm running xemacs 21.4.21 (yp, I'm trying to learn it ;) ) and use in
>   > Xfce scim-anthy as IME. According to google I shall use:
>   > m-x set-input-method RET japanese-anthy

(I agree with everything Steve-san wrote).

XIM was the first input method support by XEmacs 20/Mule and originally
worked (for some definition of "work") on Suns, though it was much
later that I was ever able to get it working on Linux.

When I pulled my head out of my nether region after XEmacs 20.0, I
was able to install and learn how to use Canna, but I eventually became
more comfortable with egg and Wnn, especially Wnn 6 (does Omron
still sell Wnn?) introduced in XEmacs 20.1/2.  But it's certainly a matter
of taste.

I suggest you do try the 21.5 Steve-san suggested as the Unicode support
in earlier XEmacsen is pretty much nonexistent.

-sb